Why Stay with Us?
Our goal is for our cabin to be your home away from home. You'll find a well stocked kitchen, comfortable furnishings, quality linens and towels, along with recreational equipment, games, puzzles, books, movies, Cable TV and Wifi.
We are constantly improving while maintaining a rustic 'cabin' feel. Last year, the cabin saw new carpet and new windows installed. This year, the bathroom and fireplace will get a makeover and the electrical panel will be upgraded. A new bathroom off the main bedroom is a project slated for next year.
Know before you go
Well Stocked Kitchen
Wood Burning Fireplace
Bath Products & Hair Dryer
Wireless Internet & Cable TV
Books, Games & Movies for All Ages
All linens & Sheets are Provided
Long Driveway for Boat Parking
Large Backyard w/Gas BBQ
Outdoor Chairs & Tables
Extra Pillows & Blankets
Full size Oven & Fridge
Spices & Condiments
What are the check-in / check-out times?
- Normal check-in is 2pm and check-out is 12 noon. If I don't have guests before or after you, I am flexible. For instance, if you arrive late on your day of check-in, you may check out late. We try to give our guests as close to a 24 hour day rental - i.e. check-in 5pm you may check out check-out 5pm. However, when we have guests staying back-to-back, we need to keep to the normal check-in / check-out times to allow our cleaners enough time to ready the cabin for the next guests.
- Yes. On weekends, there is a 2 night minimum. On holiday weekends and during winter break the minimum is 3 nights.
- Anywhere from $177-$333/night depending on the day of the week and the time of year. Peak season is winter break and summer. To see pricing click HERE
- We only allow dogs. We find that when cats stay on the cabin, dogs that stay after that tend to mark on the furniture and the carpet.
- The nightly price includes the cleaning fee. I pay my cleaners $65 for every clean. This works out to about $22/hour.
- The nightly price includes the transient occupancy tax (TOT) that all lodging establishments must pay, such as hotels and vacation rentals, and is remitted to the City of Big Bear Lake. The current rate is 11%.
- Ralph is the groundskeeper who watches over our cabin when we're not there and helps out by keeping the grounds spotless. You won't bother him when you are there and may not even see him. He keeps to himself mostly. You have total run of the entire property and may park in the driveway.
- You may park up to 2 cars per the City of Big Bear Lake. The driveway is very long, so if you have a boat, there's no problem with parking it there.
- Our cabin was always been a vacation home and then a vacation rental. There are a lot of vacation homes in the City of Big Bear Lake and the surrounding area. We made the decision to use our vacation home as a vacation rental so can enjoy the San Bernardino Mountains.
- The City of Big Bear Lake requires 200sf for each person staying in the cabin.
- We understand there are situations that are out of everyone's control. In the case of road closures, too much snow or fires, you will maintain a credit with us for a future stay.
- All situations are treated on a case-by-case basis. We will do our best to accommodate you.
- Yes, the kitchen is fully stocked. There is a turkey roaster, baster and gravy boat. In addition, there is a griddle, fondue pot, crockpot, blender/food processor, coffee grinder, waffle maker, water kettle, salad spinner, and plenty of pots and pans to cook just about any meal. You'll also find spices, condiments and cooking ingredients. We've tried to think of everything.
- You don't have to leave the cabin to have fun. We provide movies, games, books and puzzles for all ages. In addition, there is a Wii console with loads of games and controllers.